A man, believed to be in his 90s, has tragically perished in a house fire on Saturday in the Acocks Green area of Birmingham.

Firefighters sped to the terraced property in Overton Road at 5:50am on 4 February and forced entry, but sadly the elderly occupant could not be saved.

Fire crews from Hay Mills, Billesley and Solihull fire stations attended the blaze which is thought to have started accidentally.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Fire Service, said: “We are saddened to confirm that a man in his nineties died following a house fire in Birmingham over the weekend.

“They forced their way into the house, and were met with a well-developed fire in the lounge.

“Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the man’s death.

“It is believed that the fire started accidentally. A report will be prepared for HM Coroner.”

(Visited 725 times, 1 visits today)